Thursday, March 5, 2009

Create!

Why is a small child's smile so captivating?


Why is a baby the biggest distraction in church meetings?

Why are relationships so rewarding?

Why is walking through a craft store so enthralling?

Why are folded laundry and a clean house so calming?

Why does a rain storm or the looming Wasatch mountain range cause our hearts leap within us?Why does powerful music, writing, or theatrical performance inspire and uplift us?

Why do we feel so much peace and draw so much hope from the hymns and the scriptures?

We are creators! We are our Father's children, and we've inherited His divine gift and love for creation!

Please watch the following video.




And isn't it marvelous that the recipe for creation is the companionship of the spirit. A personage that brings comfort, hope, and reveals truth?! Creation is so closely ties with truth. We create something beautiful everyday. We affect the lives of those around us with the words we say, our actions, our attitudes, our values, our love.

Visit Mona's Musings and see her latest posts to learn more about being a creator, a parent, and combining the two divine roles. Her blog is very inspiring. She posts every Sunday.

3 comments:

Atkinsons in the Couv said...

My favorite is when the kids help me create a clean house!

I love that there are so many ways to be creative!

Danio said...

Thank yo so much! I needed to hear this today!

Paige's Pages said...

Ha Ha Misti I agree! And Bri I love this post! Oh, and by the way thanks for the compliments and cute little comments you leave on my blog. :) They are so fun to read! Oh and refering to the accident thing... I know I've decided my number must have been up a long time ago! Hee Hee this week I managed to slice my finger open good at work. I made quite a mess with that one. And last night on the way home from family night at the pool I slipped on the ice and you guessed it! Flat on my back! Un fourtuatly my wrist ended up underneath me and now I have this lovely wrap on it... oh well on the bright side its not broken (I dont think so anyway) and I didnt re-cut open my newly healed from two or three accidents ago knees since I didnt fall forward! :)